The HELLE Vertical Edger
The story of the HELLE Vertical Edger goes back to the early 1970’s, when our customers began requesting this labor saving device. Quite frankly we observed what was available and it was, in the opinion of the sawyer, junk. So we decided that if we are going to build one, it will be a reliable piece of machinery worth the name Helle.
All HELLE Edgers have:
Our standard model machine has 22″ diameter blades for 9″ slab clearance and 8 ” depth of cut. The horsepower is sized for 4″ depth of cut using Delbert Helle’s rules of 15 HP per blade.
Why Buy A Vertical Edger?
- Saves a Man: This one is so obvious that we debated even saying it.
- Straight Boards: A lot of people will testify that a horizontal edger has a tendency to “run with the sapwood!”
- Replaces a Top Saw: How many times have you had your edgerman chopping the wide board or a slab?
- Speaking of Slabs: Tried running the slab thru a horizontal edger for recovery resaws lately?
5. Less Maintenance: Just grease it 4 times a day and keep the blades sharp!
6. Safety: Everybody knows a horror story about a board kicking out of a horizontal edger.
7. Quality Production: We will be the first to admit that it can’t compete with a GOOD Edgerman. We sell Vertical Edgers because of the growing shortage of Good Edgerman.